cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone , VM say outage and cannot help further ... what !

Alby41
Up to speed

So my VM landline phone does not recieve a dial tone , I have checked other working landline phones and it is the same .... been like this for 2 days and I suspect longer ... spent 7 days away with my daughter in Cornwall .... my sister told me that  my phone was down 6 days ago ... tried to leave a message.  no joy dead inactive line.

I have finally contacted an ex UK call centre and a UK VM call centre ,,, best news is I am on compensation package ,,, there is an outage ... VM rep unable to tell me for how long this will last.

what .....

Well this is totally unacceptable , my wife rings her brother daily in Ireland he is not well having had heart surgery and she needs to keep contact with family there in Ireland and here in the UK  ok mobiles you say but this landline is really important .... VM letting us down badly at a time of need,

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Alby41

Apologies for the landline issues and inconvenience caused, we can understand the concern and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the account and landline there is definitely an issues, I'll be honest and can't see it as part of a wider issue and due to you having no dial tone will need a technician. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange this.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

Rob thx Buddy ,, sent you a pm . so it will be  Adios to VM  when financially viable ..... how can they treat customers like this with advance notice / warning . ?

. this situation came at a really bad time for me ..and my family .. a notice of impending service disruption / cut off would have made all the difference. Us trying to ring out //// family trying to ring us ... B i Law recent heart surgery in hospital ... who cares at VM ?

Alb

Sorry to hear of the outage coming at a very inconvenience time for you

Do please feel free to continue to work with @Robert_P via our private messaging service if the fault does go beyond any advertised outages.

If you're still keen on cancelling the services with us, please give our team a call on 0345 454 1111 and we will process the cancellation request for you

All the best

David