cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller display on incoming calls

colin324
Tuning in

My caller display has worked perfectly for years but stopped working a few weeks back. I can't screen calls as no number is displayed. The phones have also started ringing oddly, only every 3rd ring makes a noise and the first 1 or 2 don't happen at all. Have tried multiple phones and all the same.

Keep a fire extinguisher handy !
11 REPLIES 11

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Colin, thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Sorry to hear of these issues with your landline at the moment, I have refreshed this feature on the network, please can you check to see if this has worked or not?

Regards,

Steven_L 

Hi Steven

Still no joy. The handsets just say incoming call where they used to show the number or name (if in the contacts) of the caller.

Ringing is still not right either.

We still have the same issue with the ringing too. 

Our phoneline is connected to the wall master socket installed back in 2000. We have had lots of issues in the past with the pavement chamber filling with water causing all sorts of problems with both telephone and broadband over the years, so wonder if it is something there causing issues this time.

If I call the landline from my mobile, I can hear the ringing on the mobile, but the landline misses the first ring, does the second ring, sometimes does part of the third ring but not always, then you might get another full ring. The handset just shows incoming call, no caller ID. If I do 1471 from the landline it tells me my mobile number I used to make the call.

I am on my second set of BT DECT phones - I replaced one set as they were quite old when the problem first occurred, but the issue remained so is something to do with the landline to the house.

Is it possible to get an engineer out to do some checks to save my sanity?

Thanks for coming back to us @colin324, it looks like we will need to send a technician out to resolve these issues. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

PM received and responded to.

Online account servicing seems a bit useless at the moment - tried my email address to log in - not recognised. Tried to register account and get told my email address is already set up on the account - arrggh. If I try to reset the password I put in email, it then goes to page that it can be done if you can't access email and asks for more information. I still have no password link to reset the password.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @colin324.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

I can't login online, I explained issue previously. It is not recognising my email address, but if I got to register it tells me the account is associated with an existing email address that I use and it doesn't recognise. I can't reset password either, so I suppose I'll have to call 150 to get password reset?

Annoyingly it has been working great for years but the past 2 weeks have given me grief. I can't access webmail, but outlook and the android virgin media app do work ok - go figure.

Kind regards

Colin

I can look into this for you @colin324, I can reset the password from here as you have already cleared account security. 

I will send a private message over in a moment with an update.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you Steven. Password issue is now resolved. I will now change it to a more secure one.

Regards

Colin