cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID display and 1471

elenpierce
Tuning in

I have lost caller ID and 1471 since engineer restored my phone line 4 days ago. Customer services told me Virgin don't do these services any more.

15 REPLIES 15

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @elenpierce.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this. I've had a look into your account and can see you've discussed this with a member of the team who has given you some more information on this and advised that you will need a compatible handset or caller ID module in order to have the caller display features. 

Are you considering changing the handset in order to benefit from the features? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

There's nothing wrong with the handset and it is compatible

I only lost the 1471 and caller ID  after the engineer visit last Thursday.

Can you restore these features please.

Thanks Elen

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @elenpierce

To confirm, has the handset changed since the engineer restored the phone line?

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It is the same handset - no change

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @elenpierce

I'm going to send you a PM so we can get these re added for you.

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

it is the same handset

It previously got both 1471 and caller ID 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @elenpierce

Please respond to my PM so we can get this sorted for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @elenpierce, that's DPA all passed 🙂 

So having a look into this, I've managed to enable the Caller ID for you. Could you please check if this is now working on the handset? 

In regard to 1471, I'm having some trouble enabling this for you. Could you please try the following: 

Please press the number 5 on the handset and hold this down, you will then hear either a definitive beep or half a beep/a series of clicks/sounds. Could you please let us know which you hear and we'll be able to provide some steps from here in order to get 1471 working for you again. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

half way there

the caller ID is coming up. Great

we have pressed the number 5. we don't get any beeps - short or long - just a continuous tone

If I get a line and press it I get a continuous tone, the same on others numbers too. 

Over to you

Elen