cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Line showing on landline

dstool
Tuning in

After a recent total loss of all services, my broadband and TV has now been fixed, after waiting more than 2 weeks. The outage was caused by my cable being severed/damaged in the street. A new cable was pulled and the router finally sprang back into life whilst me and the Avonline Networks contractor watched it reboot. We were very pleased at this but during our back slapping we did not check the landline... Yesterday the wife went to use the landline, like she does, to find it has 'no line'.

On further investigation I noticed my old incoming severed cable was a double (shotgun?) cable. The newly pulled cable is a single cable. 

Does this mean another long wait for another cable pull? I've read that some landlines can be plugged into the Hub 3 using an adaptor? This would seem like a better option! How do I get an adapter? I have another engineer visit booked for Saturday which may not be needed if I can simply plug my landline into the hub. 

As an aside, I'm confused as to how the landline worked prior to the outage, as I cannot for the life of me see how the landline wires from the external wall mounted dropbox connected to the landline internal landline wall socket. No physical wires appear to connect the two?

My complaint with VM remains open until ALL services are reinstated...

10 REPLIES 10

Hi there @dstool, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to see that you are back up and running now. I will certainly be happy to take a look at this complaint for you so we can come to a resolution you are happy with.

I'm going to send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules