Menu
Gingerboy2007
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Landline

I have been without a landline since the weekend.  I contacted Virgin yesterday and was told that an engineer was working on the fault and the line would be back at 8.30pm.  This is not the case, we are still without a landline. I have run the test and it keeps saying that everything is ok, clearly it isn't.

Please can someone let me know if and when we will ever get out landline back?  Presumably there will be a credit to my bill for this inconvenience?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Landline

Firstly, check the service status link above for area faults. If this does not show any faults then its likely the fault is only affecting your line. Running the test shows the fault is not detectable from Virgins end, so you must report this to Virgin or you will not get compensation. Compensation does not apply to the first 48 hours of any claim.

Virgin will not book any engineers if there are existing area faults, so if there was one when you initially reported the fault, but it turns out not to be related to the fault you have got you have no option but to report it again.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gingerboy2007,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the land line, what nodrogd has advised is correct.

Please let me know if you've had a chance to speak with the team about an update.

Kind regards,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Gingerboy2007
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have run another test and Virgin are still saying that everything is OK...clearly it's not as we are still without a phone line!  I have logged my fault, after the test was showing everything was OK, and after a 20 minutes phone call I was told that the service would be back at 8.30pm last night...really.  I can't bear another phone call only to be told there is no fault??  I am at a loss; I will however be checking my bill carefully next month to see if I get a credit !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gingerboy2007, 

Are you still experiencing issues with the line?

Have you been able to contact the team over the phone to report this?

Let me know if you still need assistance 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Gingerboy2007
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The service finally came back yesterday and is still with me! 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Gingerboy2007,

If you need anything else just let us know.

Tom_S

0 Kudos