cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline with new Master Wall Socket

Mr70mmuk
Joining in

I had no Dial Tone or Phone working for the past week.

Have ran the self Test Phone Network and all is working correctly and have tried another phone in the Master (single Line) Socket.

Thought it was a faulty Socket and replaced that and still no Dial Tone, but if call in a silent Ring Tone or just one Ring Tone can be heard.

Measured Voltage at the line Feeds to A & B and correctly wired and installed.

I have tried to book a Virgin Media Engineer, but for some unknown reason can't be booked online and have to call Customer Services on a Virgin Media Phone which I would if it works!.  

14 REPLIES 14

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The master socket is VMs part of the network & should not be tampered with.

The Forum Team here can book tech visits if you are prepared to wait for a response. Otherwise you can call 150 from a Virgin Mobile (Free) or call 0345 454 1111 from any other line or mobile (standard landline call charge).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Mr70mmuk,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account via your community profile and can see that a technician visit would be needed to resolve your dial tone issues.

We would need to confirm a few details before we can book the visit for you, I will drop a private message over to you in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

I have pm my Address.

I noticed the outside Phone Junction Box cover had fallen off and all the Cables hanging ouit of it, so there may be damaged there.

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Mr70mmuk.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

I had VM services installed on 27/5 (phone, broadband and TV).  The engineer connected my home phone to the router, but did not connect any of my extension sockets.  Now I am without a working home alarm, and none of my extension sockets work.

There is already a VM master socket from when I was previously using VM. Is it possible to get that working again as all my extension sockets and alarm was working fine when it was connected to that?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gbansal wrote:

I had VM services installed on 27/5 (phone, broadband and TV).  The engineer connected my home phone to the router, but did not connect any of my extension sockets.  Now I am without a working home alarm, and none of my extension sockets work.

There is already a VM master socket from when I was previously using VM. Is it possible to get that working again as all my extension sockets and alarm was working fine when it was connected to that?

Read this recent topic for a selection of possible answers to your question (yes, no, maybe, maybe at a cost to you of £99!).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Phone-extensions/td-p/4771834

One the VM forum team should respond within a day or two and give you a response from the selection of options!.

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, gbansal,

Sorry to hear this has occurred, when setting up the phone service through the hub, there should have been conversations surrounding services that depend on the telephone line. 

What did the technician advise when they were setting up the service to the hub? Or have you been able to speak to the team since having the service installed, what did they advise?

Cheers,

Corey C

Many thanks for your reply.

You're welcome, gbansal, has the issue been resolved? I'm only asking as you didn't reply to the other questions.

Cheers,

Corey C