cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline connection

TVK1
Tuning in

Hi,

I haven't had a dial tone since this morning. I've tried reseating all the connections and this hasn't made any difference. Service status doesn't show any problems in the ML3 postcode area and the online checks didn't detect any issues. I've also tried calling the landline from a mobile and I get what sounds like an unavailable tone for a few seconds and it cuts out.

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No dial tone issues are usually a problem with the individual line. It could be a short in the circuit or a stuck switch in the node exchange. Whatever it is it will require tech assistance.

You can call 150 from a Virgin Mobile to report this (0345 454 1111 from others at standard local rates) or wait here for the Forum Team to assist, which may take a couple of days.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @TVK1

Sorry to hear this has happened 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TVK1

Now the technician is booked 

I will pop back and check the account to see how the visit went 

Gareth_L

Thanks for your help with this. The engineer came out today and the landline is working again.

Hi @TVK1,

Thanks for the update. We are glad to hear the engineer was able to get the landline working again 🙂

Have a lovely evening.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The landline stopped working again this afternoon. Same issue that I reported last week.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TVK, 

Thanks for your reply, and I am sorry to hear this issue persists, I have managed to find your account and can see your line is blocked.

I will pop you over a PM and get a tech booked in for you.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for messaging with me TVK1,

I am glad to hear this resolved itself.

Any more issues post them and our team can take a look.

Zoie