cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Landline Area 24

Captainnajork
Joining in

Since Virgin cut off our analogue service and asked us to connect to the Internet Hub on the 24th January we have had no dialling tone. I’ve reported it several times to Virgin using a mobile phone. They said a problem was fixed yesterday 31st January but it still doesn’t work. I’ve been cut off 3 times this morning trying to report the problem again. My elderly parents have the same issue also area 24. Is everyone in Area 24 affected ? 

11 REPLIES 11

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Captainnajork and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the landline services you've recently been experiencing.

I've looked into the local area and no outages appear to be present. 

Can you please confirm that you're connected to the hub for the landline services via an RJ11 adaptor?

Have you also been able to possibly try an alternative handset on the phone line to see if a dial tone can be established?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, I used the adaptor sent by Virgin. I don't know if it is an RJ11 one.

and no I don't have an alternative phone to plug in to the adaptor. The one I have worked perfectly before the analogue.

Also my elderly parents have the same issue at a different address in Area 24 so it would be a bit of a coincidence if both phones suddenly stopped working after the transfer 

Thanks for coming back to me @Captainnajork.

Can you please confirm if you have either rebooted or possibly even reset the hub since the outage has cleared?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I’ve re booted the Hub at least 4 times since the 24th January including once this morning 

Thanks for coming back to me @Captainnajork.

I'd like to take a few details from you and see if I can find out more information on the fault to see if this is related to a pending local issue or if this fault needs an engineer visit.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my private message.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I’ve managed to arrange a Virgin technician to come tomorrow 

But thanks for replying when I couldn’t get through on the phone 

Thanks for the update @Captainnajork, do please let us know how the visit goes and we'll be happy to assist further if required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn