cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Home Phone!

JasonH76
Joining in

Why, Oh Why, Oh Why...

Was advised that my Virgin phoneline service will change over to VOIP on 29th April, so I duly disconnected my Gigaset N300A phone and base unit on the 1st May and plugged the RJ11/RJ45 adapter into TEL 1 on my Superhub 4.0. as per Virgin instructions. I have the hub in Bridge mode and LAN and wireless is provided by my UniFi Dream Machine Pro and AC-Pro access points. 

HOWEVER, on checking my SuperHub 4.0. status page today, it is stating Telephony is DISABLED and the phone is dead. 

I had moved the telephone cabling to the SuperHub 4.0 which is situated at the opposite end of the room to the telephone socket. I do not have a corded phone available so cannot confirm old telephone socket is dead. 

If you ring our home number, it just rings and rings.

Got a Virgin Engineer turning up on Friday 6th May, so hopefully that should resolve it.

Seriously thinking about moving to Sky!

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JasonH76,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your landline following the switchover. It would be a shame for you to leave us.

The engineer will certainly be able to get things resolved for you on Friday.

Please do let us know how the visit goes so we can offer further support if required.

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs