cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Caller ID

Blue70
Joining in

I had an issue with my landline recently whereby I could hear what a caller was saying but they could only hear static in place of my voice.

An engineer visited today and discovered it was an issue with where my connection was sited in the junction box on the street, apparently the connections for my line were corroded. He moved my connection to a different number (An Esight number?) and this resolved that issue however now my Caller ID no longer works. I have a Panasonic phone that requires numbers not stored in the phones memory to dial 1 to be put through, this discourages nuisance callers. It also verbally announces calls from stored numbers. This no longer works and now all callers now have to press 1 to be put through and when they are there is no caller ID on the phone screen.

I'm guessing by moving my line to an alternate connection within the box my caller ID has been switched off? Can this be switched back on via this forum?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Blue70

Thank you for confirming this. I have taken a look at our side and have amended this for you. Please double check your landline for me and let me know if you are still having any issues with Caller ID not working. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Blue70, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some landline issues.

Changing the line should affect the settings on actually phone.

Have you looked settings on the phone to see if this has turned it off or not? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes I have checked the phone. Nothing has changed on the phone itself so I'm not sure how that would affect this problem? The only thing that has changed is whatever the engineer did in the box located in a nearby street. 

Is this something you can investigate via this forum as I'd rather not have to call an engineer again.

To clarify the Caller ID I am referring to is the service supplied by VM not the actual display on my phone. I know from other posts that this service can be switched off/disabled?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Blue70 wrote:

To clarify the Caller ID I am referring to is the service supplied by VM not the actual display on my phone. I know from other posts that this service can be switched off/disabled?

Caller ID dropping off the line after a technician visit/repair is reported regularly on here. The forum staff have often been able to reinstate it remotely on past topics.

Thanks goslow. I have read several forum posts that say exactly that so fingers crossed. It's annoying to say the least.

Hi @Blue70

Thank you for confirming this. I have taken a look at our side and have amended this for you. Please double check your landline for me and let me know if you are still having any issues with Caller ID not working. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

It now works again. Thank you for your help

Great to hear @Blue70 

Thank you for letting us know that this is all working for you now. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley