cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wifiHub

redeye2
Joining in

Hi

I have been sent a text message and a email asking me to call 150 to arrange delivery of the new wifi hub. I have phoned a couple of times today but the people on the other end don't seem to know anything about it and I get nowhere. Apparentley after the 18th February I won't be able to make outgoing calls so how do i recieve the new hub. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi redeye2

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

From checking the system it's to do with the upcoming 21CV migration. You have a non-compatible hub for it so I will send you a PM now to get this sent out for you

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi redeye2

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

From checking the system it's to do with the upcoming 21CV migration. You have a non-compatible hub for it so I will send you a PM now to get this sent out for you

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mac51
Joining in

So Hubs can be sent out regarding this switchover? Some virgin media staff on here and over the phone seem adamant that people with older hubs have to have a tech visit regardless of circumstance. I'd also like to have one sent out if that's possible. It would be more convenient for us.

Hi @mac51 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Please do make your own thread in future 🙂 I have moved it in this instance. 

A tech visit is dependent on several things, it's not quite as black and white as you've said. 

Depending on when your migration is and if you have an older hub, it'd be needed as they can then do both on the visit, delivery of the hub and also the migration. 

You have rescheduled yours which is good because you have not the correct hub.

I will send you a PM to get a Quickstart delivery of the new hub booked in

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Sorry about not starting a new thread. Regarding it not being as black & white as I say. Tbf I did say that's just how it appeared to me. I haven't read everything on here. So fair enough I'm sure you're correct.

Hi mac51

Thanks for joining us on PM

Just to update the thread, you've decided as is your right to not go through security with us via PM so are going to call.

Let us know how it goes but if you do need our help that requires a PM, we will need to go through the same security.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Are you still hassling me? I said thanks at the end of the last PM, that means the end of conversation. You personally don't need to follow anything up.

All advice out there is to never give any kind of bank detail over a phone or via the internet. Unless you are actually buying something of course. A payment is taking place.

ZZIP2017
Tuning in

Your lucky your getting a new hub, I signed up for gig 1 but don't get speeds above 100mpbs on WiFi or ethernet, wish i had stuck with my old package and hub 3  never had any problems 

Hi @mac51 

No one is hassling anyone. The reason we have come back publicly is we're not account managers so don't just keep conversations in the PM

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team