Menu
Langfordjm1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New sim, no service regularly

Hi all,

i have apple iPhone se and had with sim plan for 8 go up to two weeks ago when I upgraded sim only plan to 50gb but with new sim I regularly get no service until I power iPhone off and on and signal reappears, I have reported to v mobile and got replacement sim but still same!

never had this problem before and getting this at home when definitely didn’t previously have any signal problem. Thinking of moving to another network supplier but appreciate any thoughts. I don’t have s spare phone to try sim in unfortunately.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim, no service regularly

Hi Langfordjm1

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We're sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your SIM card. We can appreciate that this must be frustrating and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Are you able to try the SIM in an alternative device at all? If so is there any improvement with the signal and connection?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Langfordjm1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

David,

thank you fit your response.

i do not have another device to try but did contact Vmedia support who got me to reset network settings and they updated my network profile. They also said that some of the new sims there is a “network alignment” issue and if problem persists may need another new sim (third!!).

problem started immediately I changed from old sim to new sim. Once I get no service genuinely then it does not pick up any signal again until I power off/on iPhone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Do you notice any other issues since using the new SIM? 

Are you having the issue on all type of connections? i.e 3G and 4G? 

Do you notice anything that might cause the signal to drop or is it just random? 

If it's still an issue let us know and we can have a closer look via a personal message if needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Langfordjm1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only trigger I can see is after being in a genuine “no service” area, where my son lives, it doesn’t re-pickup a signal unless I power off/on.

same if set to 3G or 4g

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos