cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone and broadband

Antony1937
Joining in
  • Hi all, signed up for home phu and broadband this week, received my kit today but can’t install it, have requested to port my number from my old supplier and the end date is 28th Dec. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that my line would be live by the time the router arrived. On top of all that, my new v 60 box can’t be installed until the router is up and running and Virgin has had tv issues in my area today. No channels, no phone , no broadband, no customer service - just said everyone is busy, call back later! Tried maybe 20 times and it’s now 21.57 and still no answer, says their now closed despite advertising being open until 10. New customer, totally fed up, got a good mind to cancel!!!
11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Today has not been VM's finest for service continuity!

In regards to your phone, once the hub is set up, your VM landline will connect to the back of the hub via the 'TEL1' socket. VM should have provided you with an adapter to allow a normal BT plug from a standard telephone to plug in there.

Presumably if VM have sent out all the kit to you (was it a 'Quick Start' kit?), you must have had a VM service in the property before or possibly a past broadband connection from one of the former cable TV franchises. You would be connecting to this dedicated cabling rather than a previous phone socket.

Have you tried to connect anything up so far? If so, how far did you get and what problems/error messages/display lights on the hub are showing? Did the information with the equipment mention anything about having to activate the hub?

I'm having a similar issue (I have my own thread so won't go into too much detail) but mine gives error CS10021 which "doesn't exist" according to Virgin CS but it does and it means the box has not been provisioned to my account yet which is annoying as they've already started billing me for it!

Do you get anything at all? An error message of some description and did you follow their procedure on the order of what should be plugged in when and in what order, not that it makes that much difference if you know what you're doing.

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited

Correction: The error is CS1012 but as I don't know how to edit my post I've had to double post. Sorry!

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Antony1937, thanks for you post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues installing the services yesterday, as @goslow says, yesterday was somewhat tricky for us.

Can you please retry the completion of the Quickstart installation and advise us exactly what happens when you go through this process?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for your reply, managed to get through to billing at 08.01 yesterday morning and a very helpful chap ( Joseph) looked into my issues. Said he needed to get the line to go live so set up the router ready to go( I was on hold) after 20 mins he came back to say it would take upto 12 hours. I re installed my old kit and will give it another go today!! Asked him to call back so I don’t have the anguish of calling VM!! 

Hi @Antony1937 thanks for getting back to us.

Please do keep us updated with any developments.  If you need us to, we can have a look into this on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

Morning @Antony1937

Have you tried your box again yet? The reason I ask is that I've woken up this morning expecting to see this awful message on my screen but to my surprise I have the message "Install Complete!".

Hopefully if you try your box today all the issues VM has had over the past few days may have been resolved!

Good luck!

[MOD EDIT: name corrected]

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

Afternoon, yep spent a good hour, went to Tesco, came back to a message saying account error CS1012?? Was supposed to get a call from VM at 12 noon but that didn’t materialise either!! Old kit has gone back in!! I give up!!!

You need to leave your new box connected unfortunately, at last that's what I had to do to get mine working after getting that error which actually doesn't exist in the error codes list web page!

Chris (VMO2 Customer)