cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New internet only phone putting the vulnerable (elderly) at risk

McStumpy
Tuning in

A few months ago my 84 year old mother in law lost her telephone network landline and had an internet / network phone and router installed. As of this evening she has lost her TV and telephone services and the earliest an engineer can call is Saturday (tv is stuck on the starting up screen, and the phone is saying check connection. The router is showing green flashing lights).

my mother in law doesn’t have a mobile phone and doesn’t want one. 

This was always my concern with the shift to internet / network phone. I’m sure it’s great for Virgin, it’s unacceptable for the elderly and vulnerable given how unreliable the network and router can be. 

Let’s hope she doesn’t have an accident between now and Saturday, our family will pop in regularly to check all ok. 

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi McStumpy, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.  

Sorry to hear that your mother-in-law has a delay in getting her services repaired and for any inconvenience or distress it may be causing her.  I would like to look on both of your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R