cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub required

stopka24
Tuning in

I require a new hub and adaptor so I can connect my phone for the new landline system. I have tried phoning and web chat to organise this with no success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The VM forum team staff might be able to arrange a technician for you if the switchover is pending soon.

They will reply here within a day or two and advise and confirm what the actual procedure is.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have VM advised you that your phone is being switched over as part of VM's rolling programme for this work?

If you need a new hub (3 or above) with a phone socket on the back, I would expect they would send a technician to swap that for you?

Vm have sent letters about the fibre phone system, trying to book an engineer or actually talk to anyone about it is nearly impossible, so I thought I’d ask for the hardware and do it myself

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The VM forum team staff might be able to arrange a technician for you if the switchover is pending soon.

They will reply here within a day or two and advise and confirm what the actual procedure is.

Hi stopka24, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your Hub will need replacing before the switchover can go ahead. 

I will need to get an engineer visit booked for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi stopka24,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have checked the systems and can see that there are some prolonged signal issues. Due to this I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. It may take 24 hours to show though. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you Kath, the appointment has come through already and is good for me. However I am disappointed that I had to resort to posting on the community forum to get an appointment sorted. After numerous live chats with a computer, watsapp messages with a computer and wasted minutes on the phone to get nowhere.

I am sure I’m not the only one though 

have a good evening

Hi stopka24, 

Thanks for coming back to me here to confirm this. 

We do take on board all feedback given to us in the Community and use it to improve things going forward. 

If you would like this to be noted officially, please feel free to raise an official complaint here. The team will be able to look in to things and start taking the right steps to resolve things which should hopefully restore some of your confidence in us. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath, Thank you For all your help.

I think if I have any problems in the future, this will be my first port of call.

Hi stopka24, 

It's no problem at all. If you have any further issues, pop back to us and let us know. 

We're always happy to pick up queries and we have a huge Community who are always willing to help out where they can too. 

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team