cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre connection to home phone

Romseyman
Joining in

My exiting base station with answerphone is in the hallway at the front of the house. This also serves 2 other wireless handsets.I want the base station to remain there.The router is in the upstairs back bedroom. The incoming supply to the router also splits to a full service in another bedroom.I have been told that the new service will work if I connect the new connector to  the nearest handset and the phone system will work as normal. 
Is this correct please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @Romseyman, we would be able to arrange for extensions to be installed in your home, this would be free of charge as part of the phone changeover. 

Would you like me to arrange for an appointment to have the extensions installed? This would need to take place after your changeover date.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Romseyman,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

The base unit for your cordless phone would need to be plugged into your hub directly using the phone adapter that will be sent out to you. The additional  handsets cannot be plugged into the hub it has to be the base unit that is plugged into the telephone socket on your hub. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven, that’s as I suspected.

The only solution, I believe, is to move the router down to the hallway close to the telephone base station and run a separate supply up to the bedroom box.
Looks like a job for an engineer!

Thanks for coming back to us @Romseyman, we would be able to arrange for extensions to be installed in your home, this would be free of charge as part of the phone changeover. 

Would you like me to arrange for an appointment to have the extensions installed? This would need to take place after your changeover date.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven that would be great.I haven’t been given a changeover date but would it be possible to do the work before the date so we have continuity of service. We are of an age and rely on our landline quite a lot.

Thanks for coming back to me @Romseyman.

I would need to take a few details off you via private message to be able to look into this further for you. Please look out for my message and we can get this looked into.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks @Romseyman and yes that would be great to hear back from you after the visit.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

All sorted yesterday. The Engineer did a great job. He came about 8.30 established what needed to be done but hadn’t been told about our particular requirements and his schedule did not allow him the time to do the work then.He told me he would make up the time required during the day and return late afternoon and do the work which he duly did. Great service and he deserves to be congratulated.

Regards

Charles

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Romseyman,

Thank you for keeping us updated on how your appointment went! We're glad to hear that the engineer returned to complete the job and was able to resolve your issue! 🙂

If there's anything else we can do to help, please keep us updated and let us know.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs