cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre adaptor

Jude35
Joining in

Plugged landline into new fibre adaptor. No dial tone. Rebooted hub - no joy. Moved phone back to wall socket, all ok. Help please?

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Jude35, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue and a warm welcome to our community.

If you previously received an adaptor from us this means you've been part of the home phone switchover which is the migration to fibre optics from copper lines on your landline.
Please, visit this link here for all info in regard to this process.
From the info passed, we can advise this change may be under process currently and since you landline still works when plugged on the wall socket this tells us it's not yet switched to fibre.

Could you please check our recent emails/letters sent to you and tell us if you got any with the info on this change and whether we confirmed what's the date this process will complete for your landline?

Let us know what info you've received, we're happy to best support you with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jude35
Joining in

Info from Virgin says cutover date was 23 August. Have tried switching several times since then to no avail.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again Jude35, thanks for letting us know of what's been advised previously in regard to this landline change.

It sounds like the process has not completed yet although we advised on the date being 23/8 previously, sorry for this. 
Your landline is working via the wall socket at the minute, so at least we know the service is still working.

I an eager to help further with this, I will need to message you in private here to do this shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs