cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre adapter

beckizumba
Tuning in

Hi 

I've received a text telling me that I'm being sent an adapter to connect my phone to the hub.   

My hub is in the front room and the phone is in the hallway.    

I don't want to move either of them, plus VM engineers have always said you shouldn't have devices close to the hub due to interference.  

Can I just cancel the phone part of my contract? 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@beckizumba wrote:

Hi 

I've received a text telling me that I'm being sent an adapter to connect my phone to the hub.   

My hub is in the front room and the phone is in the hallway.    

I don't want to move either of them, plus VM engineers have always said you shouldn't have devices close to the hub due to interference.  

Can I just cancel the phone part of my contract? 

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi beckizumba, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We would be happy to help arrange for a technician to visit and rewire your phone service to the Hub. 

As goslow has advised, this would be free of charge as part of the switchover. 

To book this in, I will pop you over a private message to take some details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for joining me on private message beckizumba. 

I am very happy we have been able to help get this matter resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future.. 

Thanks, 

Nat