cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Voip phone connection very echoey and not clear

401g
Tuning in

Hi,

our landline was today switched over to Voip connection through our new hub. Our first call was terrible - everything we said echoed back into our earpiece quite loudly and the receiver of the call could only hear us intermittently. Hopefully, someone can help resolve this please?

10 REPLIES 10

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 401g,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Landline.

To confirm, are you using the adapter we would have sent out?

^Martin

401g
Tuning in

Hi Martin yes

Thank you for that. 

We also firstly recommend to ensure the adapter it tightly secure in the hub. 

Do you have another handset you can try in the adapter? 

^Martin

401g
Tuning in

Sorry no we don't have another handset.  The connections are tightly secure - I checked this during our troublesome call. 

Hi 401g,

Thank you for the update, the Adaptor has 2 sockets for the Phone to plug into, are you able to try plugging into the other socket to see if the Phone works, if we were to send a Technician and the phone is the issue there would be a £25 callout charge so it is important we try everything to avoid this, there is further help and support around Home Phone issues here.

Regards

Paul.

Client62
Legend

"the Adaptor has 2 sockets for the Phone to plug into"   -   No. See ref photo below.

The Hubs have TEL 1 and TEL 2 and only TEL 1 will be active.

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

401g
Tuning in

Yeah Paul I just tried socket 2 but no dial tone - Client62 seems to be right. I can try and borrow another phone soon to check for issues there. Calls from our mobiles to the landline seem ok. The main issue seems to be when phoning a relative who is partly deaf and has their cordless phone switched to boost and we can hear our voices echo as we speak. However, this did not happen when we used the old landline? Why should this be happening?

Thanks for your reply @401g 😊 This certainly is an odd issue 🤔 Please let us know how you get on with the other phone being used. If you still see issues with this we can then book a technician for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

401g
Tuning in

I will do - thanks Nathan