Menu
Wooster2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'New Voice Mail' that wasn't

Hello

Receive a 'You have a new voice message' on my dumb phone. Punched the button and Virgin told me 'You don't have any messages'.   Was this a 'glitch' or am i missing something?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'New Voice Mail' that wasn't

It’s just a glitch it also takes a while for it to disappear once you have saved or deleted a voicemail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wooster2019,

Is the phone still showing a message icon? Apologies, this can happen occasionally if the voicemail server has not registered that the message has been deleted.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Wooster2019
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No.  As soon as I heard the 'you don't have any new massages' I hung up.  I looked at the screen and the icon had disappeared. 

The original 'new voice mail' icon was a bit of a coincidence.  I had sent a card (via the royal mail) to someone I hadn't heard from in about 2 years.  My message was "if you want to get in touch:  07505 745...."  The day they received it, I had this 'New Voice Mail' icon - but Virgin said there wasn't a message.  Is there any way of checking calls to my phone on 14th February?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming. I'm afraid we don't collect information regarding incoming calls or texts for privacy reasons. We would therefore be unable to check whether you received any calls on this date.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos