cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VM customer - no dialtone on landline

DJL25
Joining in

I am a new VM customer and have just installed my hub. Internet works fine, the landline has no dialtone. 

The phone set has been checked and it works fine. It is plugged into the hub, but even after rebooting there is no green phone light on the hub and no dial tone.

Have also checked and there are no issues affecting my postcode.

Please help, thanks.

20220413_173725.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you log into the hub, on the 'Welcome' page it should tell you if telephony is enabled/working.

Hi @DJL25,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

Sorry to hear you have had issues with your landline after your installation. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to confirm, have you been in contact with our activation line on 0800 953 9500? If so what was discussed? 

Also, you may find the following link useful https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/Virgin-TV-V6-Quickstart-Guide-for-Existing-C...

Please get back to us so we can best help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I tried logging into the hub, it says someone else is logged into the settings page. I am the only one here trying to log in, so now what do I do?

Screenshot_20220413-185623_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you for letting us know @DJL25.

Just to confirm, have you been in contact with our activation line on 0800 953 9500? If so when and what was discussed? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, I hvnt been in contact with them, I will call them tomorrow morning, unless there is something I can dp something about it now?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

Just for clarification, do you have an active working service with the Hub at all?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi 

The internet works fine. I have not checked if a tv works because I dont have a tv set yet. But no dial tone for the phone.  If you look at the pic, there is no green light for the phone, even after I've rebooted.

20220413_173725.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh, ok.

From checking our service I can't seem to locate any details.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Keep an eye out within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain