cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub VOIP - what a Carry on

speedway59
Superfast

Got an email to say a new Hub was required for VOIP call 150.

easier said than done but finally got through - (offshore I think) what a carry on over 20 minutes on the call as they checked to see if my current hub was compatible, if it was working etc etc.

what are the lights doing - were doing some manual work at our end. What !!

Then I get cut off - so have no idea what's bloody happening.

Why is it so difficult to tell their staff your sending out emails and to send out the replacement item

I have no faith that this will not end in tears.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@speedway59 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, seems crazy waste of resources and why see "if needed" in your email.

Call us on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to arrange delivery of the new Hub, which will come with everything you need to guide you through the self-install process. We can arrange a free technician appointment if we think you need one to help you with the switchover. You���ll need to verify your account info, so make sure you���ve got it handy.

The change of hub INCLUDES the switchover of the phone line on that day. So there is a little more involved than just unplugging one hub & plugging in the other. The network switches have to be changed once it is installed. This cannot always be done remotely hence the tech visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

speedway59
Superfast

Update I got a call back after the disconnection - spent another 10 minutes on the call.

He's sending an unnecessary engineer to do a swap out even though we agreed I don't need one apparently there is no self help option

even though that was the context of the email. Just a shambles 

30 minutes to achieve this.

Hi 👋 @speedway59 ,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I have had a peek at our systems for you and can see a technician visit has been booked to swap the hub and migrate your landline to our Fibre network.

At the moment you have the older super hub 2.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply,  I'd rather not have a engineer messing about with my set up all I want is the hub and adapter sent.

Cannot be that difficult. 

I can appreciate where you are coming from however we are unable to order the hub - we book a technician who replaces it. 

Your set up will not be messed around with, rest assured. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for the reply, seems crazy waste of resources and why see "if needed" in your email.

Call us on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to arrange delivery of the new Hub, which will come with everything you need to guide you through the self-install process. We can arrange a free technician appointment if we think you need one to help you with the switchover. You���ll need to verify your account info, so make sure you���ve got it handy.

I will pass on your feedback @speedway59 

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@speedway59 wrote:

The change of hub INCLUDES the switchover of the phone line on that day. So there is a little more involved than just unplugging one hub & plugging in the other. The network switches have to be changed once it is installed. This cannot always be done remotely hence the tech visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello speedway59,

We are here to help if you have any questions after the visit. @nodrogd has explained the exact reason what we need to arrange a visit.

Gareth_L

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The network switches have to be changed once it is installed. This cannot always be done remotely hence the tech visit.

What network switches are these that can only be accessed from inside the customer's house?