cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4 - Telephony Disabled

Thunderpaws
Joining in

looks like I'm not the only one.

Received and installed my new Hub 4 today (upgraded from Hub 3).  Everything works except my landline.  Logging onto the hub I can see that it says 'Telephony (Disabled)'.

Everything worked on Hub 3 (except the daily kicking off WiFi at the most inopportune time).

It looks like they have disabled the telephone service else I think the error message would have said something more meaningful (I live in hope).  I try and phone a phone test and it tells me it can't perform one and that I need to speak to them.

I tried to call, spent 30 minutes listening to the same 5 songs (not my taste) until I gave up and hung up.

Someone, give me a reason not to switch providers when this contract is up for renewal.  You can gain customers with pricing, but you lose them with poor customer service.

30 REPLIES 30

Hi aranos, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry you're also being affected by this.

As our community have advised, it can take up to 24 hours for the line to be activated. Currently, there is an issue meaning this could take up to 48 hours. If you are still having problems after this time, then please pop back here and I can help.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Our phone is still disabled after the 24Hrs period when our Hub4 was installed

Could you kindly look into this ?

Kind regards

Hi waltermorel, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your landline issue. 

I have been unable to locate your account from your profile details. 

So I will private message you to look into this. 

^Martin

Sorry to jump on the back of this rather long issue but I too have the same issue.

Recently installed the hub4 router and connected the phone to the router via port 1.  Have tried rebooting and I still get the 'telephony disabled' message within the hub page as well as my telephone advising me to 'check the phone line'.

Any chance this could also be looked into?  Done the usual telephone wait but gave up after 45 minutes.

Thanks in advance!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Roger_JM 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are also having the issues with your landline. 

Please could you let me know if the hub 4 has been active for over 24 hours? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Morning Zak

It's been active for nearly 2 weeks now.   Done a test via the VM site and it came back inconclusive and asked me to call up.  Again, gave up after a long wait.

Tbh, I'm not sure when this happened as I've been informed this morning that my Son's school have been trying to call the home line for several months now and with no luck.

Prior to the hub4 my phone was plugged into the VM master socket on the wall.  In either case, both result in the same fault on the line.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Have you been able to make or receive any calls since we have moved the landline to the hub?  Do you have a dial tone?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak,

I don't have a dial tone and the wife just confirmed it's been like this for months therefore prior to the hub4 installation.

Done all testing this end (just to pre-empt next potential questions, i.e. rebooting, trying a different phone etc.)

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that information for me. 

I am going to need to send out an engineer so that we are able to get this sorted. 

Are there any up coming dates you are unable to do? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak,

I'm currently working from home so any day or time works.

Thanks for arranging this!

One final thing, are you able to determine when the fault occurred?  I'm little concerned that I've been paying for a service that simply hasn't been working and wondered what sort of recompense I'm entitled to.