cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4 - Telephony Disabled

Thunderpaws
Joining in

looks like I'm not the only one.

Received and installed my new Hub 4 today (upgraded from Hub 3).  Everything works except my landline.  Logging onto the hub I can see that it says 'Telephony (Disabled)'.

Everything worked on Hub 3 (except the daily kicking off WiFi at the most inopportune time).

It looks like they have disabled the telephone service else I think the error message would have said something more meaningful (I live in hope).  I try and phone a phone test and it tells me it can't perform one and that I need to speak to them.

I tried to call, spent 30 minutes listening to the same 5 songs (not my taste) until I gave up and hung up.

Someone, give me a reason not to switch providers when this contract is up for renewal.  You can gain customers with pricing, but you lose them with poor customer service.

30 REPLIES 30

my hub did an unexpected reboot this afternoon and now my phone works.

I think this may have been because I was not due to get the hub until today so there was part of the activation that was not schedule to cut across my phone service until today.

Very frustrating because this would be an easy thing to check and let your customers know if that was the case.  

This is now resolved.

I have exactly the same issue the OP described. Installed a new Hub 4 today to replace my Hub 3 and everything works fine...except telephony is disabled as shown in the Hub 4 admin menu.

I’ll give it 24 hours to see if this switched on. Good to know I’m not the only one having this issue!

Hi Marcop,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your phone line isn't working through your new shub 4.0.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

Hi Marc,

It was a pleasure speaking to you, once you have done a reboot onn the router please let me know if everything is back up and running.

Kind regards

Paul.

Marcop
On our wavelength

All working fine now, Paul. Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated. 

Hi Marc,

You are very welcome glad I could help.

Regards

Paul.

I have exactly same issue spent over a hour trying to speak to someone and then discovered this thread and have followed all same steps 

Hi @ianjmcd

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the long phone call earlier, I can appreciate the frustration. 

I'll need to pop you a personal message so we can get this sorted, I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

I just upgraded from Hub 3 to Hub 4 and phone line is dead, same issue, same line error on handset, same disabled notice on router..

What the hell is going on???

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

When a hub is replaced it can take 24hrs for the phone line to be re-activated on the new hub.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks