cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre phoneline

Malmar
Joining in

Hello, just received our new fibre phone adaptor, we have three hard wired phones around the house, how do I keep these working ?, any advice welcome, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Malmar wrote:

Hi, Got a date of 28th Feb for changeover.

If it has not been done yet, you should get VM to link up your existing extension sockets to the hub as part of the switchover.

VM clearly state they will do it FOC in their published info on the switchover process

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?
Yep, when our technician pops around to install your new Hub (if you need one ) they’ll make sure all your phones work too. Please make sure you respond to our calls to schedule a technician visit.

What if the Hub and my phone are located in different rooms?
Ideally the Hub and your phone should be within 2 metres of each other. Our technician will chat to you about this when they connect the Hub. If you’d like your phone to be further away from the Hub, our technician may need to do additional wiring at no extra cost.

The topic of linking phone extension sockets to the hub during switchover has been discussed over and over many times on here. You might have to put some effort in though to get VM to actually do it for you. What VM says and what VM does are quite often not the same thing!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Has your phone actually been moved over to the connection from the back of the VM hub or are you expecting it to happen shortly?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Malmar wrote:

If it has not been done yet, you should get VM to link up your existing extension sockets to the hub as part of the switchover.

VM clearly state they will do it FOC in their published info on the switchover process

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?
Yep, when our technician pops around to install your new Hub (if you need one ) they’ll make sure all your phones work too. Please make sure you respond to our calls to schedule a technician visit.

What if the Hub and my phone are located in different rooms?
Ideally the Hub and your phone should be within 2 metres of each other. Our technician will chat to you about this when they connect the Hub. If you’d like your phone to be further away from the Hub, our technician may need to do additional wiring at no extra cost.

The topic of linking phone extension sockets to the hub during switchover has been discussed over and over many times on here. You might have to put some effort in though to get VM to actually do it for you. What VM says and what VM does are quite often not the same thing!

Many thanks.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might like to unmark the helpful answer until you have got some agreement from VM to actually do it for you! (I am still unsure if marking a helpful answer on a topic delays a response from the VM forum team or not).

One of the VM forum team should respond here shortly (usually within a day or two) and help you.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Malmar,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

With regards to your extensions, we would be able to link them up with your new 21CV service!

Can I ask whether you have a appointment agreed to install the service or is it a self-installation?

If the latter I'll drop you a PM and we will get the appointment sorted for you.

Thanks,

Kain

Many thanks for the contact and the offer of help with my phone issue, I can confirm that this is a self install and I have just received the adaptor through the post, any assistance with my hard wired telephone extensions will be greatly appreciated.