cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre link landline

MJ1965
Joining in

Just set up my landline via the hub can receive calls but when making outgoing calls I get the message you are phoning a number not recognised by virgin media, please enter your pin to proceed ??, was working perfectly before the switch over, HELP.

12 REPLIES 12

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MJ1965,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues when making calls via your landline service. Is this affecting all outbound calls that you make? Have you made sure that you're entering the full and correct number?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes entering the correct number, also tried adding the code to the start and still no connection.

Hi @MJ1965,

Thank you for expanding. Do you happen to know if it's impacting both mobile and landline numbers? If you're unsure, can you try both and let us know if the issue remains the same?

Along with this, is your landline attached to your router securely via an adapter?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

O.K Before I explode just had a heated conversation with one of your operators telling me that the Panasonic cordless phone that is 2 years old is no longer compatible with the new system, we have a block on mobiles so can't try it, I have REN 0.75 ??????, I need REN 1 come on surely this is a cop out, my mothers 10 year old corded phone works fine with a new hub, is this a money generating ploy ?????. All attached via router and cable supplied, surely if this was the issue I couldn't receive any calls ?, I'm getting incoming land and mobile, I can feel a very long email comming on, So frustrated with VM at present. Not my choice to change was railroaded. 

Hi @MJ1965,

I am really sorry for your experience here. The switchover is something that is gradually happening across all providers as detailed here.

Have you tried another landline handset on your connection so we can rule out it being a potential equipment related issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Next on the list will keep you updated.

Hi @MJ1965,

Be sure to keep us posted on this. We're here to help further if you need us.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Ok managed to get hold of a corded Ren 1 rated phone, plugged into router, with the same effect, no outgoing calls, and still asking for a pin No. ???, this is so frustrating.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MJ1965, 

I can see you have another thread regarding this and we are replying on that. Please can you stick to one thread and we will do our best to help from the other thread.

Thanks,
Zoie