cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adaptor

roybab
On our wavelength

I have been told to connect the adaptor to my hub and the other end to my phone.  The problem is the Hub is in my Study and the phone line is in the Hall.

My main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I have 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One into the Lounge for the TV, one into the Study for Broadband and one into the Hall for the Landline.#

Could someone please advise how I set this up, as there is no help on the Virgin Media site and there does not appear to be any options when I ring up to let me speak to someone on this issue.

A very confused Roy

95 REPLIES 95

The process of linking existing phone extension sockets to the phone socket on the hub was recently described here by a customer

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Why-must-I-move-my-phones-and-plug-them-into-the-vir...

for the benefit of anyone else fighting the same battle

Answers on here from VM vary from a flat "No, we don't do that", to "We will move the hub for you" (not what most people want which is to keep equipment in its existing locations) through to "Yes, we can do that".

As the link above describes, a frequent obstacle which gets mentioned on here is that either the VM tech does not know how to wire up the phone socket connections or simply has not been allocated time to do so.

Hi squarefour,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for the issue with your hub and telephone location. 

I am happy to get an engineer booked in for you. 

I will private message you now so I can get some details and book this in. 

^Martin

Hi all, I received a letter yesterday (21st Oct 22) dated the 13th Oct stating they (Virgin Media) had been trying to get in touch with me as they are changing my home phone service to the fibre phone and that they have sent me an adaptor, firstly no one has contacted me by phone, email or text prior to this letter and I haven’t received an adaptor so am at a loss as to what to do next as apparently my phone will no longer work after the 11th Nov without an adaptor, and suggestions please?

Ive tired calling 150 twice but couldn’t get through to anyone I could have a clear conversation with.

Hey @David112,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear that you're having issues with the landline changeover thats happening soon for you. I can see that you have spoken to the team earlier today, who have advised that the adaptor has been sent out and should be with you soon. 

If you dont get the adaptor by next week, please let us know and we can arrange for another one to be sent out to you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven, i thought that was what one of the ladies i talked to said but wasnt sure as their accents were so strong, i hope to receive the adaptor next week, a questioin please -

At the moment the Virgin landline  phone socket is in our hall connected to a base station which has 2 remotes and our router is in our front room adjacent to all our kit requiring internet connections so -

Once i receive the adaptor and on the set date connect it to the router and relocate the base station to near the router will that work and will the 2 remotes still work please/

Thanks for coming back to us David112.

Yes thats correct, if you plug the base unit into the hub, the other remote units will work as they did before, there would be no changes other than where your base unit is plugged into.

Please keep us updated about the adaptor and if you don't get it, we can arrange for another one to be sent out from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

ic2
On our wavelength

Hi

Sorry if this has already been asked but will the phone work if the hub is in modem mode?

Regards

Hey @ic2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the forums.

Yes the phone service would work in router and modem mode.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L 

Hi Steven, just to let you know i received the adaptor today, i have been told that my phone will be changed on the 10th November but from these forums i see these dates are often missed so do i just wait until the phone stops working and then plug it into the router?

From having to log on to My Virgin Media account due to all this I noticed that my contact phone number is wrong but every time i try and change it i get a message saying the change hasn’t been saved and to try again but it never works, any advice please?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey David112, thanks for all your posts and replies. Glad to hear your adaptor has arrived 🙂
Please, be advised if your service switch date is on 10/11 then your landline will be working via the wall socket up until this date and on 11/10 we will complete the migration to fibre optics for you remotely. 
All you'll need to do is plug your phone to the adaptor and at the back of the hub instead of the wall socket on that day, your landline should be able to work without issues via the router.
We hope this helps, if you have more questions or concerns in regard to this process please visit this page here for your reference.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs