cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adaptor

roybab
On our wavelength

I have been told to connect the adaptor to my hub and the other end to my phone.  The problem is the Hub is in my Study and the phone line is in the Hall.

My main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I have 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One into the Lounge for the TV, one into the Study for Broadband and one into the Hall for the Landline.#

Could someone please advise how I set this up, as there is no help on the Virgin Media site and there does not appear to be any options when I ring up to let me speak to someone on this issue.

A very confused Roy

95 REPLIES 95

Hi @ImperialEagle thanks for your message here and sincere apologies.

If @goslow's message hasn't helped you, please let us know.
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

Our main phone is in the hall, but the hub is in the living room, so I assume that we will need an engineer to sort this.

I just wondered how they will go about it, will they have to pull up the carperts and floorboards to run the new cables, because it sounds like quite a big job?

Hi p-con 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

It would be unlikely that would be required, they would most likely run these neatly along the wall/skirting board.

They would discuss all this with you however before completing the work to ensure you were happy 🙂

Have you been contacted regarding the switch over? Have you received an adaptor?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@p-con wrote:

Hi,

Our main phone is in the hall, but the hub is in the living room, so I assume that we will need an engineer to sort this.

I just wondered how they will go about it, will they have to pull up the carperts and floorboards to run the new cables, because it sounds like quite a big job?

VM should do the work for you free of charge of connecting existing extensions to the VM hub post-switchover.

They would not, however, remove carpets/floorboards. Cables clipped and surface mounted are the norm.

Any wiring could, however, possibly be minimised by taking cable routes externally or following the route of an existing coax cable (for TV or broadband) or by connecting into a phone socket in the general vicinity of the VM hub.

Hi,

We've just received the email telling us we need to switch so far, and to be honest I'm not looking forward to it, the idea of having wires running round the room is not an appealing prospect.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@p-con wrote:
Hi,

We've just received the email telling us we need to switch so far, and to be honest I'm not looking forward to it, the idea of having wires running round the room is not an appealing prospect.

The alternative, 'no-wires' solution (but at a cost to you) is to buy a cordless phone system. Plug the cordless base station into the VM hub and use cordless handsets around the home as required.

Hi p-con

Thank you for your response, we appreciate your concerns around this. 

However changing to the phone service via cable is a government objective and this has to be completed by 2025, we are choosing to take the change over now to ensure all of our customers have been migrated prior to the current telephone exchange being closed down in 2025.

Once you have your adaptor and switch date, please pop back to us here and we can arrange the engineer visit for you if you would like to go ahead with that. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

FrankieL
Joining in

I have a similar issue. My phone line is no-where near my router. I need to keep my landline as I have elderly relatives who do not have mobile phones. Can you assist me please. Thank you

Hi @FrankieL 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concern. Do you have multiple phones and if so, are the wireless phones or do they connect into extension throughout the home?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

I have wireless phones so only need to connect one