cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adaptor

roybab
On our wavelength

I have been told to connect the adaptor to my hub and the other end to my phone.  The problem is the Hub is in my Study and the phone line is in the Hall.

My main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I have 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One into the Lounge for the TV, one into the Study for Broadband and one into the Hall for the Landline.#

Could someone please advise how I set this up, as there is no help on the Virgin Media site and there does not appear to be any options when I ring up to let me speak to someone on this issue.

A very confused Roy

95 REPLIES 95

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mknibbs,

No problem at all. If you need us, please create a post so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lilacjc
On our wavelength

I have today received an unsealed padded envelope that was empty inside.

I am sure that it should have contained my fibre phone adaptor as my sister received hers today and it was from the same address.

Can you arrange for another one to be sent out before my change over date please?

Hi Lilacjc, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the mysterious empty envelope - I can appreciate this may be a concern!

We wouldn't be able to confirm if this was the phone adapter you are awaiting without checking the account, so I will need to send you a PM and confirm a few account details. You can find the PM in the top right hand corner of the page in your Inbox. Following this we can return to this pubic thread with an update where possible. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we offer some help and get this sorted!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All, just returning to update the public thread. 

Thank you to Lilacj for PMing with me. After confirming a few details I was able to get a new adapter sent out, and confirmed the date of the landline switchover. If you need any further help with the switchover process there is some great information in this leaflet 👉   https://community.virginmedia.com/html/assets/Switchover_Migration_Leaflet.pdf, or you can get back in touch via this thread and we will be happy to help!

Hopefully it arrives ASAP! All the best. 

Molly

PaulaMostyn
Joining in

Hi,

We have received notification that our phone service is to switch to Fibre on 11th April. Our primary phone is in the hall and we run two other cordless phones off this.

The problem is that our hub is in a first floor bedroom. 

What do you advise please? Is there any adaptor we can use to plug the phone in in the hall rather than into the hub?

Thanks 

Paula 

Hello PaulaMostyn,

Thankyou very much for your post.

The adapter can be plugged into the Hub and the main cordless phone base. You can then Keep the other cordless handsets where they are.

Sorry its hard to visualise the set up on here.

We can also run an extension from the Hub to connect the main socket up and keep your handsets in the normal place.

If the latter sounds okay, Please let me know and I can arrange a visit after the switch.

Gareth_L

My switch over date is 18 May.  I do have an old wired phone near my router, this is effectively an extension line, but mainly use two radio receivers, the main box for this is where the phone comes in the house.  If I plug the adaptor into my the router and my extension line, will the the radio phones work?

Hi g5h85ab2, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

The hub will have space for two phone sockets and the engineer will aim to put the router in the best possible place. 

Please let us know if you need anything and we will aim to assist. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

PDF Link does not work Error 404