cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adaptor

roybab
On our wavelength

I have been told to connect the adaptor to my hub and the other end to my phone.  The problem is the Hub is in my Study and the phone line is in the Hall.

My main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I have 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One into the Lounge for the TV, one into the Study for Broadband and one into the Hall for the Landline.#

Could someone please advise how I set this up, as there is no help on the Virgin Media site and there does not appear to be any options when I ring up to let me speak to someone on this issue.

A very confused Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @roybab

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to check on a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

95 REPLIES 95

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @roybab

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Just to confirm, was you being upgraded from the normal landline to our 21CV service?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

roybab
On our wavelength

Hi Travis

I can't see anything on the Adaptor I have received that mentions "21CV Service".  I just received a very short adaptor from Virgin Media and on the card it says "Your phone service will be switched to our fibre network" I subsequently got a letter saying "your home phone services are changing on the 16th March 2022" and if I don't set up the adaptor that my current home services will no longer work and I won't be able to make or receive calls.

Regards
Roy 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @roybab

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to check on a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Joining in.

Hi Travis -M

I have exactly this problem and would very much like to know the solution.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DA65,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue with the new Fibre Phone Adaptor.

I was able to run some checks on our systems and I can see that you've been in touch to have a technician appointment set up in regards to this issue. Please keep us updated on how you get on at your appointment and if you need any further assistance going forward.

We'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Pauline_Z

It is correct that I spoke with someone at VM yesterday and was told I would receive a text within 4 hours with a date and time for a tech appt. 
Typically no such text has been received so I joined this forum this morning to try and establish if others were experiencing the same problem and if so what the solution might be since it appears that a tech appt is not forthcoming. 
If the BM system shows that a tech appt is required can you do anything to ensure that such an appointment is in fact made and kept. 
Look forward to hearing from you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DA65,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not received a text about your appointment time and date. If you're registered for an online account, you can see and manage all appointments from there. 

Please let me know if you're having any issues seeing your appointment and I'll be more than happy to assist further. 🙂 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Pauline_Z,

No sign of an appointment in on line account.

I'm sorry you have been unable to find this appointment @DA65

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm it with you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.