cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adapter

Derek18041962
Tuning in

I have been told to connect the new fibre phone adaptor to my hub and the other end to my phone.  The problem is the Hub is upstairs in my middle bedroom and the phone line is downstairs in the kitchen!

My main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I have 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One into the Lounge for the TV, another into the upstairs bedroom for 2nd & 3rd TiVo boxes and the Broadband goes right over the top of the house and in through the middle bedroom window.

Could someone please advise how to set this up, I cannot find the help I need on the Virgin Media website and there does not appear to be any options when I ring up to let me speak to someone on this issue.

Regards

Derek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Derek18041962

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The easiest way is to buy cordless phones and put the main base next to your hub

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Derek18041962
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

One of the options would be a relocation of the router to nearer the phone, would you like this to be done? 

Let me know 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John_GS

Thank you for your help and prompt reply. I think the relocation of our Wi-Fi router be the best possible way to resolve this issue. The router’s current position was decided upon by the VirginMedia technicians who installed & set our services. Those guys were absolutely correct in their decisions. It currently gives a much improved Wi-Fi signal throughout our house compared to the previous downstairs location. 

Please would it be possible to have a technician visit to help with deciding how to proceed to resolve this problem?

Regards

Derek

Hi @Derek18041962

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks John 

I have just responded to your private message 

Derek

Hi Derek18041962

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to book this visit in for you for the relocation.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Mikeyjwat
Joining in

Just received my new adaptor and have read the many messages in respect of how best to proceed.

i have hub and phones in separate rooms on the same floor both above accessible cellars. Is it not possible to just use an extension cable from the hub adaptor direct to the phone base ? None of the messages I have seen seem to mention this option but then the people concerned may not have the same accessibility as I have.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mikeyjwat,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your new landline set up after your Home Phone Switchover.

If you have more than one landline connection that needs to be connected to the Hub, we'll be more than happy to arrange for a technician appointment to have this looked into further.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mikeyjwat,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline connection issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs