cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to book a Engineer visit for landline for fourth/ fifth time since September

Pauline15
Joining in

Please can I book the above.

During the previous visits by different Engineers, two of them were very thorough and found that the box at the end of the road is exposed to the elements and so gets wet. The box has been like this for a couple of years.The two engineers out of the four, reported the box problem, but obviously it hasn’t been taken seriously,hence the two years without proper box covering.

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pauline, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Do you have an image of the current state of the box. 

Can you advise if you have done what John advised on Saturday? 

Chris. 

Hi Chris

Yes I have done all the checks as advised. 

My mobile is playing up re photo,but the box, as neighbours have agreed is exposed, it has a plastic orange barrier shield against it which is open in the middle and exposed. The two engineers will be able to corroborate this, which your records will show.

One of the engineers checked the box in my road and in another road.

It is such an annoyance to keep having this happen every couple of months and for safety reasons it is best to have two phones landline and mobile.

My postcode is SM6 8ER.

Think your message is a DM? In which case I will provide further personal details re address etc.

Pauline

I can see that there is an outage in the area following the search of the postcode and can confirm that this is estimated to be resolved at 2pm today. The fault number is F010447776. Please let us know if you are still having issues following the fix time please? - Chris.  

The landline is still down.  

I now have a photo of the box along the road, what email address should I send it to?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pauline15,

Thank you for coming back to us. I do apologise that your landline is still impacted. I've taken a look at our systems and I can see that the outage my colleague made you aware of before, has been extended.

The current estimated fix time for fault F010447776 is listed as today 09/02/23 at 4pm.

Please let us know how you're getting on after 4pm today and we'll do all we can to assist you further if necessary.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The landline is still dead. 

I have a photo of the exposed box down the road. As I have said two of your engineers have said that the wires being open to the elements is the problem.

Can we please just arrange a date for an Engineer, rather than this waiting for outrage results A date preferably w/c 20th Feb as I have numerous appointments next week. Engineers have visited previously with this exact problem.

Hi @Pauline15 thanks for your reply, sorry this is still ongoing for you.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you. Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W