cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an engineer to support VM home phone service change

PBou
Dialled in

My VMHub and phone and phone master socket are in different rooms.
So I cant connect the Hub to my BT master socket
I also have additional home phones on extensions.

The online information from VM recommends booking a technician to do this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#whatishappening

I have several phones connected to extensions – will these work?
Yep, when our technician pops around to install your new Hub (if you need one ) they’ll make sure all your phones work too. Please make sure you respond to our calls to schedule a technician visit.

I have tried to book an engineer to support the change on 27th August 2021, but no reply.

Also 
"Serena C" closed my previous post telling me I didnt need an engineer without explaining how an auto change would magically reroute my internal phone lines and extensions, not at all helpful!! 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should avoid double posting on the same issue. It will actually reduce your chances of getting a useful reply. Your original topic is still running below and you should stick to that original topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Home-Phone-Service-upgrade-Change-request-of-enginee...

A slightly confusing feature of the forum is marking a reply as 'helpful' appears to show this issue as 'answered'. You can unmark message #5 as helpful above and that will go away.

One of the forum team should get back to you on the original topic but the forum isn't an instant messaging type of arrangement and replies from the VM staff do take time

Hi @PBou thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're concerned about whether or not you're going to have the capability to use your telephone extensions after the migration to 21CV.  Can I ask how many extensions you have throughout your property?  Virgin Media O2 only.....

Regards

Lee_R

So My house was rewired and replumbed and I had new phone system with extensions in all major rooms and bedrooms so 8 extensions.
Using one extension for the current VM hub and other extensions for house phones.

I am guessing the change to VM Phones will require a link from the VMHub to my phone master socket to feed extensions.
And current master socket will need to be disconnected from the current VM phone feed.
This is why I need a VM engineer booked to support the planned change in August.

I have been following the process to request and book an engineer but no success so far.
Doesn't bode well. Especially as the moderator here is telling me to wait but VM online are saying book now. 
The process for booking an engineer appears broken or non-existant.

Hi PBou, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

We should be able to get the engineer visit booked in for you in advance. To allow me to do this though I will need to confirm your address. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi PBou, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information 🙂

I have booked you in for the an appointment for the day after the switchover is due to complete. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

We're not able to book the appointment for before as it means all the lines will then be off until the switchover is completed.

Lets us know how the appointment goes or if you have any further issues. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs