cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a technician - no dial tone

Tracy06
Joining in

Hi,

my home phone does not have a dial tone and does not work. I have tried all the advice that Virgin Media has and none of it has worked. I have tried to find out how to book a technician but it is not very clear. Can someone please book me a technician?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

12 REPLIES 12

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tracy06, 

I'm sorry to hear your landline is not working as it should be currently. I know you've mentioned you done some checks but we need you to confirm you have tried the below. 
Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I don't have another handset and I don't have another socket. I don't get any tone when trying to call anyone and I am unable to receive calls and there is no ringing. 

Thank you for your response Tracy06.

Is there any chance you could get your hands on another handset to try?

The only reason is that if we do send an engineer out and the fault is the handset, there would be a cost incurred. 

^Martin

Hi,

I've just tried 2 different handsets and neither of them worked. They would turn on but neither of them had a dial tone. 

Thank you for that. 

Okay, it does now sound like a technician is needed. I have booked in a visit for you. 

You can check for the date/time via your online account: https://virg.in/myvmapp

^Martin

Thank you for booking my technician appointment but I am having trouble seeing that appointment on the app and on the website. Could you please tell me the the date and time of the appointment if you are able to see it. 

Hi Tracy, thank you for getting back in touch!
Sorry to hear you are unable to view the information for your appointment. 

I will send you a PM to confirm this for you - you can find this in your inbox in the top right corner of the page. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All, thank you to @Tracy06 for PMing with me to confirm the details of the technicians appointment. 

If you can let us know how it goes, we can offer any further support if needed!

Hope it goes well! 

All the best. 

Molly

The technician did not come yesterday and has not arrived today either. I looked at my appointments and there does not appear to be any scheduled. Could you possibly book me a technician again?

Thanks for all your help.