cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery outgoing unsuccessful calls

oldcarliol
Joining in

I've recently noticed occasionally that when returning home recently and checking for calls on my house phone that there has been an unsuccessful outgoing call while I have not been at home. The numbers seem to be random. No-one has been in the house to make these calls, so I am at a loss to know how this has happened. My concern is that if these calls get through I could end up with an unwanted bill. The last attempt, yesterday, was to an international number in the Netherlands.

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi oldcarliol

Thanks for posting. This sounds odd. If you called a mobile from the landline, does the correct number show up?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The only mobile numbers I call from the landline are known contacts and I just tried one and it was OK. I've had three of these strange occurrences that I know of. First on 25th September, a known contact locally, second was on 25th September to, I think, an unknown London number with 020 prefix, and the last one yesterday to the Netherlands with 0031 prefix, also unknown. The landline is a BT6610 & I use the Calls feature to check incoming & outgoing calls.

Thanks for coming back to me.

It's potentially sounds like a crossed line. I'll send a PM so we can look at getting a technician out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi oldcarliol

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. This can be tracked and/or altered in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Engineer was here this morning & fixed some cabling in the street cabinet I think.

Hi oldcarliol

Can you pleas keep us posted if this happens again 

Gareth_L

Will do.