cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My telephone no longer works,

ValDowens
Joining in

My home telephone has stopped working, apparently I need to buy a new telephone.  Pretty shocking with no communication received in advance of this from Virgin...just the worst service...no consideration for the customer...tbh I actually dont really need a home phone any more, and I am having to go out and buy a new one,  The engineer said to get a cordless....that costs me money to run too...and absolute disgrace with no consultation...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We do apologise ValDowens,

As this is a digital service only, we don't have the facility to make outbounds calls from here. We do apologise that you were not informed that you will be changing to our new home phone switch over.

All customers will eventually be changed over to this service, as it is a government requirement. 

For more information about the home switch over please check the link here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover

If you're not happy to purchase cordless handsets, we can arrange an engineer to attend and install some additional wiring so you can have your phone re-located back to the living room.

Please let us know if this is something you would like us to do.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ValDowens,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your new phoneline via your hub, did the engineer advise, why your existing phone wouldn't work?

Regards,

Steven_L

he just said that it was too old and would no longer work. Even worse all that he could suggest was to buy a cordless phone...why would I want to have to pay extra to run a cordless phone. Also why was I not contacted and advised before the technology was applied to my property..

Thanks for coming back to us @ValDowens. You should have been advised that this was happening in your area via email or text message. Did the engineer demonstrate to you that it wouldn't work and also did they leave an adaptor with you to plug your phone into? 

Regards,

Steven_L

yes he put an adapter into the modem, but I did not receive notification of when this was happening or a list of telephones that are compatable..I do not want a cordless phone, and it is a real pain in the neck as my phone will now be plugged into the modem in my office rather than the socket in my living room.  Actually it is just not acceptable...the service is disgusting and the automatic expectation is seriously not acceptable.  It looks like Virgin have abused and disrespected my customer loyalty of over 20 years..

Actually a manager from Virgin should make the effort to call me and discuss an out come for this.

We do apologise ValDowens,

As this is a digital service only, we don't have the facility to make outbounds calls from here. We do apologise that you were not informed that you will be changing to our new home phone switch over.

All customers will eventually be changed over to this service, as it is a government requirement. 

For more information about the home switch over please check the link here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover

If you're not happy to purchase cordless handsets, we can arrange an engineer to attend and install some additional wiring so you can have your phone re-located back to the living room.

Please let us know if this is something you would like us to do.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks I really want my telephone in the living room, so I would appreciate having a socket in my living room that works.  Currently I am paying £42 a month for a service that Virgin have removed from me without notice.  I would buy a new phone but have no intentions of buying a cordless as there are additional costs involved.

I would really appreciate if you could also provide me with a list of compatable phones please

Val

Hi @ValDowens

I will send you a private message so we can arrange the visit securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

You know Vicki this really upsets and offends me that I cannot be contacted by telephone and actually speak to someone...I am a person...not a robot on the other end of a machine...customer service is just so crucial and what Virgin offer is really unacceptable.  I had to pay from my mobile and hang on for ages before I got to speak to someone...again more evidence of a diabolical service.  Please refer me to someone who will actually speak with me.  Also I will be looking for a refund for the time period since they have moved over the service