cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone socket wiring?

ern
Tuning in

I had a Virgin Phone nt5 socket that had to move. It was wired orange to B and White to A and I have moved but now the line is dead? It seemed a simple move. What could be wrong? There appears to be no voltage on any of the wires. Orange pair Blue pair or Green pair.

30 REPLIES 30

I presume I'd need to connect a pc up to it to look at that and can't it from the connect app?

Hi ern, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. I am sorry this is a continued issue. 

Looking at the account, as far as I can see the phone line is still showing as being the old set up and not moved to 21CV. It could be taking it's time to update on our end but currently the only option I have is to book an engineer. I can see you had one of these yesterday but the fact you are without a dial tone concerns me. 

I would like to get an appointment booked in, however while waiting for the appointment, I will ask my colleague to take a look at this tomorrow when he is back on shift. Hopefully we can do something in the meantime but if not, at least you have the earliest appointment available. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for coming back to me with your address so quickly ern 🙂

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

As mentioned above, I will check back in with you tomorrow regarding this after researching a little more.

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

5 phone calls to customer service and 2nd line support. Been cut off 4 times and no call back. Nobody at Virgin Media seems to know how you set a 21cv phone line up. Very bad.

Hi ern, 

I am really sorry to hear about this. It's not the usual service we aim to give. 

I have asked my colleague if they are able to swap the codes on the account over but I'm afraid we don't have the access to do this. 

I have left notes on your account to confirm the engineer has already set you up for the 21cv and that it's only the codes on the account that need to be swapped over. 

Give the team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 1 and ask the team to sort this for you. If you get cut off, make sure you keep the line free so they can call you back as a few agents have attempted to call you back but getting the busy tone. It may also be worth confirming with the agent that they will call you back using your mobile number and not the landline. 

If this doesn't work then we may be able to get this looked at again by a contact in another office however they are off until Monday. 

Please pop back and let me know how the call goes again. I'm here til 9pm this evening and will stick with you on this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Well allegedly its now set up for cv21 on my account but the phone line is still dead currently. How long does it take to go live? Why does nobody at Virgin Media know anything about cv21 conversion? I'm shocked how badly this has gone. 

Hi ern, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Currently we're swapping people over as long as 21CV is available in their area. We don't know a lot about it as we don't process package changes via the forums. Looking at the notes on the account, it suggest that the 21CV isn't yet available to transfer you over to. This is why the team have been having trouble adding the codes to your account. 

I can see an engineers appointment has been booked so we can get the hard line sorted. To view the appointment, check your My VM account here: My Virgin Media

This will get your phone line back up and running and then once we are in a position to swap you over to 21CV, we can do that. 

Keep us posted with how the visit goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

I've spent around 8 hours in 16 different calls on this now. Customer Service even changed my account for cv21 on Friday night which took 45 mins. It's so poor It's laughable. An engineer is coming back today to look at the original phone line as he was doing last week when he decided to change me to 21cv. Why didn't he check last week if 21cv is available in my area? Are you going to compensate me for hours of phone calls and no phone line in some way? 

I understand how frustrating this has been for you. 

I can't speak for the engineer but I have already arranged for feedback to be given to them regarding this. 

Once your phone line is back up and running, we can then look at crediting you for the loss of service. 

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hopefully as a company you can learn from this situation over CV21.

It's wasted so much of my time over the last week.