cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone socket wiring?

ern
Tuning in

I had a Virgin Phone nt5 socket that had to move. It was wired orange to B and White to A and I have moved but now the line is dead? It seemed a simple move. What could be wrong? There appears to be no voltage on any of the wires. Orange pair Blue pair or Green pair.

30 REPLIES 30

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ern,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issue with the landline. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can you spoke with an agent who advised a technician is needed.

You can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

I have been changed over to 21 cv conversion.

Still says no line on phone but hopefully it will kick in at some point?

Thank you for the update @ern.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with your phone line. Is there no dial tone on the line at all? 

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There is no dial tone and the message of no line on the screen of the phone.

The engineer is going to re activate the router.

Trouble is this has caused the internet connection to drop 4 times today!

Thank you for letting us know @ern. We can understand the frustration caused by this.

In that case, please let us know how it goes after the router is reactivated. Did our engineer give a time frame for when this would take place?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I think he started the process last evening but said it would take up to 24 hours.

Its a bit worrying that the internet is now dropping out as it had been fine.

I have just had a look into your account regarding this @ern

Can you please try a reboot of your hub to see if the issue persists? As your hub has had an uptime of 19 days.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I've rebooted the hub but still no line on the phone. Any other ideas if we can get this line up and running?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ern wrote:

I've rebooted the hub but still no line on the phone. Any other ideas if we can get this line up and running?

If you log into the VM hub, does it show you that telephony is ready/enabled on the welcome page?

Something like this for the hub 3

https://setuprouter.com/router/virgin-media/virgin-media-hub-3/setup-75194-large.htm