cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline is not working

woodburj
Joining in

My landline is not working and am trying to get help to resolve the issue. The Virginmedia website just sends me around in circles and gives no actual way of contacting anyone to fix the issue.

I have tried all of the fixes suggested on the website but nothing works so i need Virginmedia to check the line and fix the problem.

How do i actually speak with a human being to get this fixed?

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @woodburj,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry for the issues with your landline.

Do you have a dial tone? Have you tried using a new handset and checking the power?

When someone calls can you hear them or do they hear you only?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

there is no dial tone and I have checked my phone (and also tired an old phone that I keep as a spare).

When i try to call my land line from my mobile I get passed to voicemail immediately.

I can neither call out nor call in using the landline.

Same issue here since Monday.  An engineer was supposed to arrive today but none one has shown up and now it's an hour after the end scheduled time between 8:00 and 12:00.  I can't get a response from the forum team here either.

how did you manage to book an engineer. I can't seem to find that option

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response @woodburj.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope at the top right.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for talking with me in a private message @woodburj.

I look forward to your update from the engineer visit.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team