cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline doesnt seem to be working

susieliz
Joining in

My landlines doesn't seem to be working it's now been 3 weeks.

I've done everything the website has asked me to do.

The hub has a yellow light on it so showing there is a problem.

Due to to landlines problems we have been missing important calls from the doctors and hospital.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

SK70
Joining in

Home landline not working either - no dial tone  -  did service check on line  and says no  'service  issue'   - tried to call  the landline but just get engaged  tone 

Neighbour also saying they have no dial tone with so obviously an issue - anybody help?

( trying to sort from work   wife trying to get through to VIRGIN on mobile  ( non virgin) but don't want to   spend a fortune waiting 

WN1 area Wigan

RG30 Reading

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @susieliz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline, I have looked into this and can see that you need a technician visit to resolve this. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Hey @SK70,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of your recent landline issues, I can see that there is an outage in your area and the estimated fix time is 5pm today. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @susieliz.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the response  - didn't get chance to log  back in yesterday - not sure how you have notice but as mentioned was not reflected on the service status check nor on the phone - both advised no issues  - anyway back up and running approx 3.30 yesterday however had been off since about 7pm night before without us realising - 

Hi SK70, thank you for coming back to update us! Glad to hear you now have your landline service back working smoothly. If you would like any information about our Auto-compensation scheme you will be able to find this here. 

Just let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! Wishing you all the best. 

Molly