cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My land line is not working no dial tone yet the service status says no problems in area?

Ramac
Joining in

Land line not working. If dialled from mobile the ring tone is heard. The phone does not ring out. 
I have unplugged the phone and plugged it back in but not cleared fault. 
the service status says no issues in area?

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ramac,
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, I have looked into this and its a problem with your phone line not an area issue, so wouldn't show on the service status main page as the service status only looks at postcode level unless you sign in. This will need a technician visit to resolve, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Ramac

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L