cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Panasonic answerphone will not work

morrisl6
Joining in

I suspect your 1571 service is blocking signal to my Panasonic answerphone. Can you disconnect your 1571 service to see if this works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM's voicemail service is possibly grabbing unanswered calls before your own answering machine is picking them up. Probably a matter of timing between the two systems. VM's is maybe set to be quicker to pick up than your own!

The VM forum team should be able to get the VM voicemail turned off for your landline.

They should reply on here within a day or two.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM's voicemail service is possibly grabbing unanswered calls before your own answering machine is picking them up. Probably a matter of timing between the two systems. VM's is maybe set to be quicker to pick up than your own!

The VM forum team should be able to get the VM voicemail turned off for your landline.

They should reply on here within a day or two.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi morrisl6! Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

I will happily look into this for you, I will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few details. You will find the PM in your inbox, in the top right corner of the page. 
We can then return to the public thread with an update. 

All the best. 

Molly

I am finding this community service difficult to operate. Where is my inbox so that I can find the message in the top right corner?????

Will you please shut down the 1571 service on my account to see if my answer phone will work again.

Hi Leslie, 

Apologies for the delayed response.

1471 is an automatically inbuilt feature, but it is more likely that it is the Voicemail service we also provide that is causing issues with your Panasonic answering machine. 

I have raised this internally for you and will be back in touch as soon as possible with an update on why this may be happening, and our options for getting it sorted. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Leslie, 
Apologies for the back-to-back messages. 

I have been advised to offer removing the Virgin Voicemail feature for you to see if this resolves the issue with your Panasonic answering machine. As soon as I have your consent to do this, I will go ahead and remove the feature. You can then get back to me with an update about if it worked for you or not! 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi @morrisl6, hopefully you have seen my replies to our PM conversation in your inbox. 

If you are struggling to find the inbox please see here as a guide: 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly

Thankyou for showing me how to easily access my in-box. However I do not understand why you have not informed the appropriate VM department that I wish to have the 1571 service closed down and removed from my account. Did we not come the conclussion that this service was stopping my answer phone from working?

Perhaps you would prefer I contacted VM to instruct them to do this? Please advise.

Hi @morrisl6, thanks for your post and apologies for any confusion caused.

Molly is not on shift for the rest of today I'm afraid, but please be assured that we're still investigating this as the issue may not be with the 1571 service - we're just trying to rule it out.

We'll come back to you with some further information on this, as soon we can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_ W and Molly,

Well your 1571 answering service has been disconnected from my account and my answering machine will still not ring on incoming calls. So to recap, I do not understand why I can make calls and receive calls on my anweriing machine but it will not ring and will not connect to the answer phone on my answering machine. Could this be anything to do with the ringer voltage? My answering machine is relatively old and I think may require an AC voltage to trigger the ringer but is only getting a DC voltage, which allows the phone to work.

Therefore unless you can tell me what the problem is then I will ask a friend to test my answeing machine on their phone line, and if it works then my future with VM will be given careful consideration