cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Landline is dead

caryl576
On our wavelength

My landline has died sometime between lunchtime when i took a call and now (total silence on the line, and when somebody tries to call in they're told there is a fault on the line)

I've tried to sign in to my virgin media to check the status of services in my area but sadly that isn't working either and just shows a blank page (https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/)

(i guess this may be a heat related issue as the landline is usually reliable and robust but it's extremely irritating not to be able to report the problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @caryl576, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @caryl576, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of your loss of landline service.  I've checked our systems from here and we need to send you a technician to resolve the issue. I am going to send you a private message, so I can confirm your details. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen,

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @caryl576

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Do please let us know how the appointment goes. 
Regards

Lee_R

caryl576
On our wavelength
Hi Lee,

Thanks for trying but unfortunately the My Virgin Media link doesn't work and only shows

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

and i'm currently down with covid so can't have an engineer visit so please can you pause or cancel it for now since i'm not going to be able to do so in any other way

caryl576
On our wavelength

landline has now come back on by itself so the fault must have been at virgins end

MrDidz
Tuning in

Same here!

We had a series of power cuts yesterday afternoon and ever since then I have been unable to get a dialing tone and nobody can get through to my number.

Hi @caryl576, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

caryl576
On our wavelength
Yes, many thanks for the help Lee_R