cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new property, online tool advises no services available, multiple neighbors have service.

aherd1
Joining in

Hello!

I'm moving to a new property soon and would love to get Virgin Media services. When trying to arrange something online using the postcode tool. It advises that no services are available at that address. Upon inspecting the street, I can see that several neighbours have the brown virgin boxes at their property and after speaking to them they advised they had no issue signing up to the services a few years ago.

Is there a way to have someone come and look to see if my new property can be connected?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out to us

I’ll pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out to us

I’ll pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Sounds good, I'd appreciate that!

Hi Christy,

I have a similar problem and have been unable to find anybody at Virgin to help with this. I've tried filling in the form on the Virgin Website and emailing the new build team but have not received a reply. I've also tried phoning but nothing seems to work. If you can provide some assistance that would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Graysland, thanks for posting here with your issue and a warm welcome to our community forum page.

We're sorry to hear you cannot move your VM services with you at the new property.
Before we can advise more on this, could you please check here and let us know if your new post code seems to not be serviceable from us in this case?

Sometimes, we might supply some of the flats in a building but not all, same applies with houses at the same post code too in some cases.
If this is not clear still from our service checker, you can visit here again and use the live chat option on the right-hand side to get in touch with our movers team, they will be happy to double-check for you and give you a hand with the whole process. 

Let us know how you get on and if the above helped, happy to further assist should you need us - feel free to pop us a new reply here so we can help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

We don't currently have Virgin so this would be a new service in a newly built house not a transfer. Our neighbours have Virgin so I know your network supplies this street. My address doesn't come up on your postcode checker and I have tried filling in the contact form several times over the last few months but have never received a reply. I've tried phoning customer services and been given the wrong telephone number. I've tried emailing the new build team but haven't received a reply. I was going to go into my local Virgin Media shop but it's been closed down. I've tried using the chat function before but it just results in being asked to fill in the contact form again with the usual result - no reply! Is there anybody at Virgin that I can speak to and resolve a fairly simple question - are you able to provide a service at this address?

Regards

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for replying back Graysland and for confirming these facts.
Sorry to see you haven't heard back from us in regard to the serviceability of your premises, I can have a look for you in this case and see if we can find out more on this.

To do so, I will need to send you a PM shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi, I am very new here. I have the same exact issue. My neighbours have Virgin Media but my property isn't connected. They are 20 yards away from my house. I've also filled in the interest form, tried to speak to the new build department on the phone and nothing. Everything the OP has said, i am experiencing. Please could you help me too? 

Thank you.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @youngi84

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this issue, I will drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi,

I posted under this thread a while ago and the initial response from Virgin was good. However things began to go downhill rapidly once it came to installation. The job was given to the wrong team who then passed it to another team who passed it to another team! There was a wait of several weeks between each appointment which was very frustrating. I was finally promised a definite installation date only for it to be cancelled and my installation put on hold. Virgin have declined to say what this actually means or confirm if they still intend to provide a service at all. The best they could offer is I may hear something in the next 6 to 8 weeks. I now regret signing up with Virg

in and would not recommend them to anyone moving into a new build  property.