Menu
malc13
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving landline number from TalkTalk to Virgin

I had a BT landline when I moved into my present home in 1983. When NTL was put into the street, about 2001 I think, I signed up for TV, Broadband and phone line. At that time I was told I couldn't move my BT phone number to NTL. As I didn't want to lose my BT number I kept the BT line as well as the NTL one.

A few years back I ditched BT and signed up to TalkTalk keeping the original number. It's getting too expensive to run 2 phone lines and they're not necessary due to mobiles. Now I want to do away with the TalkTalk line but move the number to the now Virgin line.

From reading some of the other posts it seems that TalkTalk is going to be a problem. What I would like to know is do I have to get in touch with TalkTalk or will Virgin handle the switch over? Thanks.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving landline number from TalkTalk to Virgin

Hi

You need to contact Virgin who will get the ball rolling and manage the transfer of the number.

I don’t see why you couldn’t transfer your number from BT to NTL all those years ago, it seems like BT was being dishonest about that. But do not cancel your TalkTalk service until the number has been transferred, Virgin Media will contact TalkTalk with regards to transferring the number.

0 Kudos
malc13
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll get in touch with Virgin. It was NTL who told me I couldn't transfer the number.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
malc13
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

oops duplicate

0 Kudos