cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

Lis62
Joining in

I am moving house in the summer, can I take the landline number of the house where I am moving to?

5 REPLIES 5

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lis62

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your move. Just to clarify: do you wish to have the landline number that is already at this house? If so, do you know if it is a Virgin Media landline in this house?

Or do you wish to keep your current number and transfer it to the new home?

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I would like to keep our current number, but I don't think that I can as we are moving to a new area code. Is that correct?

On the assumption that we can't keep our current number, I would like to take the number of the house we are going to. I don't know if it is a virgin number, I'll find out - does that make a difference?

Elisabeth

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lis62

Thanks for the clarification.

You are correct, we are sadly unable to keep your current number if you are moving to a new area code. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Obtaining the number of the house you are moving to will  depend on if the people currently living there want to keep that number or not. When they leave their company - whoever that may be, the number will go into storage or be returned to provider. You would need the consent of the current people who live there to take over the number when you move, but they may be taking the number with them.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thank you for this, Serena. The people at the property will not want to keep their number, although I know that you will need to hear that from them. Are you saying that we might be able to use their number, even if it isn't a Virgin number? How can I bring this about? When we moved to this property we wanted to take the number for this house (which was a Virgin number) but it didn't prove possible. What can we do to bring it about this time?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lis62

Thanks for getting back to me. We can do this but the number would need to be disconnected from the current account before we can do it, so the best thing to do would be to get back in touch with us as soon as the number is disconnected from it's current owners 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena