cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating my landline number to VoIP provider

Luqybb91
Dialled in

Hello. I am currently in the process of migrating my number from Virgin to Andrews & Arnold VoIP service. They have asked me to verify with my provider if my number is a single line number, or a multi line number, this is so the number porting process goes smoothly and the number porting request doesn't get rejected, otherwise additional charges will apply.

My number has a 4 digit area code (0116) followed by 7 digits, I don't have any other numbers. Could someone please help me, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Luqybb91,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums

In most standard cases, if you have one Telephone line at your property, this would be deemed as a Single Line Number. If you have additional lines (for example, two 0116 numbers), then it would be a Multi-Line.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Luqybb91,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums

In most standard cases, if you have one Telephone line at your property, this would be deemed as a Single Line Number. If you have additional lines (for example, two 0116 numbers), then it would be a Multi-Line.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

That was really helpful, thank you.

This is a follow up question just out of curiosity. Is it possible for customers to cancel their Virgin media broadband and TV subscriptions without losing their landline subscription?

Thanks for coming back to us Luqybb91, yes its possible to remove your broadband and TV without losing your phone line with us.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for that. So how exactly would that work? Do customers just keep their Hub 3/4/5 and keep their phones plugged into the Hub?

Yes thats correct, you would keep your existing hub with the phoneline remaining active but the broadband part of the hub, would be disconnected.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I contacted customer service yesterday just to see if it's possible to cancel the BB & TV subscriptions without losing the landline subscription. They initially said it's possible, but then quickly "apologised" for giving me wrong information and said it's not possible. Doesn't this clash with the information you provided?

Thanks for coming back to us @Luqybb91, we should still be able to provide a landline service only.

For example if a customer doesn't have landline services with us and we're due to switch the service to our router based landline services, we wouldn't simply cut them off, we would supply them with a router that provides the landline service only.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

So I assume it's the same for customers leaving Virgin for another ISP, they too can temporarily hold onto their landline number until they've switched to the other provider? or does it not work like that?