cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my landline number

MP12345
Tuning in

In June I had a phone conversation with a VM agent regarding the cost of my package (home phone & M100 broadband) I asked if removing my landline would reduce the monthly cost and was told no, due to bundling it was cheaper to stay as things were. During the phone call there was much repeating of words due to the agent's level of English understanding which was not the best it seemed. Eventually we agreed on a new price fixed  for 18 months which I was fairly happy with.

Yesterday I was unable to reach my wife on her mobile so decided to try the home landline. Was rather surprised to hear the message "you have dialled an incorrect number" especially as I have had this number for well over 30 years. When checking, there turned out to be no dialling tone on the home landline

To cut to the chase, it seems that the agent I spoke to in June had arranged for my landline to be disconnected!!! Obviously understanding of English was even less than I'd thought.

I spoke to 2 agents at VM yesterday, the first one fairly helpful but had to pass me onto another department. The 2nd one I found completely uninterested in what had happened.

It seems that there is no possibility that a recording of my phone conversation with the agent would still be available.

I was informed that for an additional £7/month I could have a landline re-instated but it would be a different phone number (even though, it seems that my old number is not being used at all) Although I could see my current contract in my account he said he would email me a copy of my current contract - still waiting for that to arrive BTW  - as it may be a newer version, even though it had the same date. (Bull****)

For what it's worth a complaint has been raised but more in frustration than any expectation that VM will respond positively. 

So it would seem that because of an error on the part of a VM agent I have lost my home landline number. Every contact I have with VM so called customer service is fraught with difficulty/broken promises/downright lies. I could fill an entire forum with the saga of my 85 year old mum's problems when VM switched her home landline to digital.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There was a mobile number already on your account MP12345, if this is an incorrect number let me know and I can send you a Private Message to get the correct one for your account.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MP12345, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your landline. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MP12345, 

Thanks for sticking with me on private message for this. 

Apologies we were unable to help further on this. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

One further issue.

Now that I no longer have a landline phone I have tried to change my VM contact details as the old landline number is the phone number recorded in my contact details. But when I try to replace this with my mobile number, after clicking on SAVE I get a red bordered box stating "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again"

I have tried many times, in 3 different browsers. I seem to be able to change & save other contact details no problem, just the phone number will not work.

How do I do this please?

It seems that this is an issue that has been going on for months!

We can understand your frustration MP12345, I have updated these for you manually please allow 24 hours for all of the changes to reflect on the account.

Rob

Thanks for your reply. 

Did you guess my mobile number!!??

There was a mobile number already on your account MP12345, if this is an incorrect number let me know and I can send you a Private Message to get the correct one for your account.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. I can see already the correct mobile number on my account.

I was going to ask you to pick next weekend's lottery numbers for me!!

If only MP12345, I'd be keep all of them to myself 🙂 would help you with the following weeks though!

Happy to help, if you need anything else just give us a shout 🙂

Rob