cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Landline number After 25 + Years

Ruski72
Joining in

So Angry --  just sent this to your CEO as you Service team weren't very helpful basically saying it is totally lost... Not good for a new customer never had this before and have moved providers several times... Complete joke..

--Dear Mr. Schueler,

I have had my home number landline for over 30 years removed and have moved service providers several times in this period but none have ever lost my number until now.  I now have the number removed which I do not want.!!!!! this number is attached to all our accounts from gas to our doctors to Bank accounts, I do not have the time to spend contacting multiple services and companies due to your **bleep** up !!
Now you either need to find my number ASAP or come up with a damn good reason why you can't. You need to speak to open reach and retrieve it as I am not prepared to lose this number I have had for over 30 years due to your incompetence. which was confirmed by a member of your staff earlier this afternoon. I will await your response which I hope to be ASAP.
  My Mobile number is removed
  Yours Sincerely 
A Really F~*&ed off Customer
Mr Russell Cott

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ruski72

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the landline number dispute. Can you advise further, was this a new account or were you moving house and transferring your existing Virgin Media services?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I am a new customer coming over from Sky to virgin I requested keep my number as I have done for many years when changing and Virgin have failed to post a port request and the Service team have admitted it is there fault I see Someone else had the same issue and they manage to get his number back.. 

Hi @Ruski72,

Thank you for expanding. Did the team elaborate on what has happened exactly and why they've been unable to port the number over for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!