Menu
RCD55
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost 1471 and caller ID after technician visit

We have had two visits from Virgin Media technicians to resolve noisy landline; that problem still exists. After the last visit we have found that 1471 and caller ID are not working. Virgin Media technical support advised that the problems rested with our home phone and suggested that we did not have caller ID option on our contract. I have read the contract and caller ID is included. Can anyone please advise how to proceed or clarify how these issues can be resolved, reading other posts a line refresh may be required. What please is a line refresh?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost 1471 and caller ID after technician visit

Hi RCD55, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had these issues with your landline

It's probably best we take a look from our end to try & establish what's causing this, so I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & will look forward to hearing back from you.

Tom 

0 Kudos
RCD55
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Whether I am known as RCD55/Robert Davis/Robin I should have confirmed that I am the account holder in my earlier PM of today.

0 Kudos
RCD55
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tom thank you but after a very bad few days of line noise and frustration over loss of 1471 and caller ID I arranged a further technician visit who found a cable fault on the line which had been missed before. I then persisted with Customer Services and had them restore 1471 and caller ID. This was our first call out for a landline fault in 20+.years so delighted to have our service restored.

0 Kudos